Monday, October 20, 2008

Life on Mars

I have started watching Life on Mars on Thursday nights. It's about a New York police detective who is hit by a car while investigating a case and wakes up in 1973. Now, I didn't live in NYC in 1973, but the characters and costumes almost seem more like a caricature to me...if anyone reading this has first-hand knowledge of NYC circa 1973, please let me know. Regardless, the first two episodes have been interesting, Jason O'Mara is NOT ugly, and I'm going to stick with it.

One of the cool things about the show is the music. So far, I've heard two songs that I had completely forgotten about but have loved rediscovering:




(I've been singing this one to Ringo.)

I really need to learn how to use my iPod, because these two would definitely be on there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

70's music ROCKS !! A Decade of One Hit wonders that could fill an ipod VERY quickly...and I was only 5 back in 1973, but I do recall the feeling as if I was living on mars...I think I'll check that show out too !! Love the 70's!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by, King. We've never had royalty visit before. :-)