Sunday, October 19, 2008

Adobo Grill

To celebrate the 50th birthdays of two friends, we went to Adobo Grill in downtown Indy for dinner. It's a bit more upscale than your standard Mexican restaurant, and they stuck us in one of the private dining rooms. I'm trying not to take that personally... Saturdays at 10 pm, they clear out the dining room and have salsa dancing. I'm going to try and get John to do this for our anniversary; see if I can channel his inner Latino.





Our waitress, Griselle, made some KILLER guacamole.







Pam and Theresa thought the margaritas were too tart; I didn't think they had enough tequila. Oh...and I don't want to say 50 is old, but when the evening starts out with someone concerned about the salt on their margarita rim because they just found out they have high blood pressure....


Chocolate Tamal...

Yes, I had an entree but wolfed it down before I thought to take a picture. Pechuga Rellena de Huitlacoche - chicken breast stuffed wtih mushroom and cheese in poblano cream salsa. It was excellent.



Left to Right: Birthday Girls Janet and Pam, Theresa and Me. (Note to self: You aren't going to lose 30 pounds drinking margaritas and eating chocolate cake.)




"Older women are like aging strudels -
the crust may not be so lovely,
but the filling has come at last into its own."
~ Robert Farrar Capon




Happy Birthday to two ladies who have BOTH
a beautiful crust and a sweet filling!
(That may not sound like a compliment, but it really is!!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a grand time. I am assuming the b-day girl with HBP didn't let a little salt come between her and her margareetee.

Anonymous said...

The night we bumped in to each other. How fun!
P.S. You don't need to lose 30 lbs!

Anonymous said...

AY...I do if I'm going to be your bikini-wearing matron of honor in Mexico! ;-)