Friday, September 5, 2008

Hugs for Pugs Campaign

My sister, Sarah, is a pug lover and devoted volunteer for the Kentuckiana Pug Rescue. She was lucky enough to adopt Hank from the Rescue last year and has since become the Rescue's Transport Coordinator. I received the following e-mail from her and thought I would share with you:


"First of all, I hate asking people for money - especially with the economy the way it is. However, the pug rescue is VERY low on funds due to the fact that we have taken in more than the average number of pugs this year. Due to this financial crisis, KPR is not able to accept any additional pugs at this time. Several have needed major surgery due to their idiotic owners' neglect. Don't even get me started on Buster who was found wandering a toll road in South Bend. He was painfully skinny and dirty, and wound up having both eyes removed [due to a serious infection] and being treated for pneumonia. He's in great shape now, thanks to KPR.

If you can find it in your hearts (and wallets) to make ANY kind of donation (even $5), know that it is truly appreciated and will be put to good use. We KPR people are strictly volunteers, so all money goes to the pugs.

Thanks for your consideration."

I just made my pledge and discovered from the website that an anonymous donor has agreed to match up to $2500 in donations! I am sending out this plea to all of you asking that you send it along to your friends, family and fellow dog lovers.

Please visit Kentuckiana Pug Rescue and click on the donate button. (Your contribution is tax deductible.)

Thank you for your support of Kentuckiana Pug Rescue!




Bam-Bam and Hank

Buster

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww....thanks, man! (sniff)

I appreciate your donation and plug for KPR.