Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Robin!!

Picture it...

Indianapolis - September 22, 1989. A much younger, fatter - SHUT IT - and extremely uncomfortable me anticipating the arrival of someone wonderful. Finally, a choir of angels sang (or I screamed) and there she was, Robin Elaine, in all her glory. Yeh, she looked like ET, but I thought she was bee-yoo-tee-ful. I couldn't wait to get out of that hospital and take my precious baby home. Once there, I asked myself:

"What the hell am I supposed to do now?"

Luckily, she made it easy for us since she was the sweetest, most congenial baby (after the first few weeks) who has since grown into the beautiful, kind and intelligent young woman we know and love today.

Happy 19th Birthday, Robin!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What the hell are we supposed to do now?" Ha. No kidding.

But you did all right.

Anonymous said...

aw. thats sweet mommy!! thanks!! i love you!!

Anonymous said...

Ya know, regarding the first few weeks thing......I still smile when I remember "Jesus Christ, is she up again?!?!? I'm sick of lookin' at her!!!!".

Awww...PPD at it's best! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember it, too....now I'm reliving it with a 3 pound chihuahua.

Anonymous said...

Are you a masochist or what??