Friday, September 5, 2008

Bork, Bork, Bork!!!

Ten thousand copies of the Swedish food magazine, Matmagasinet, have been withdrawn from outlets because an apple cake recipe in the issue contained a serious error. The recipe instructed readers to use 20 whole nutmegs instead of the correct amount of two pinches. Apparently, nutmeg in high doses can lead to poisoning, which four folks who shared a tainted cake found out. Wouldn't you think that much nutmeg would have made the cake inedible? Maybe in a misguided show of manners, they didn't want to insult whoever made the cake and foolishly kept chomping away.

Anyway, I envision the preparation went a little something like this:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!

It scares me that I remember that song well enough to hum along.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! How perfect. I think you nailed it!

Anonymous said...

rrr: Thanks. I checked out your blogs. You have purty templates. I'm jealous.