Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Seventh Task Accomplished


When I put "attend a high school basketball game" on the list, I was thinking more along the lines of the high school in the town we live.  They won the state championship for their division last year, but I never made it to a game, so I thought that might be a fun thing to do this season.   Because I'm senile, I forgot that the NPHS Class of 1981 attempts to have a little soiree every year at the Dragons' basketball homecoming.  It was the Fearless Foursome (me, Kathy, Karen and Kim - I may need to change my name to Kecky) in attendance, but we encountered some others who still live in the area and have kids at the high school.  The Dragons got their asses handed to them 71-44:  ouch!!  I still don't know who won Homecoming King and Queen because the speaker system in the gym was terrible.  I felt like I was in a Charlie Brown cartoon.  After, the game, we headed over to the Around the Corner Pub, the old post office that is now the one and only bar in town.  It was standing room only when we got there at 9 p.m.  You'd think there wasn't anything else to do in that town. Oh, wait - there isn't. We stood around and talked for awhile and listened to some karaoke.  Although Kathy did a lovely version of Killing Me Softly, the highlight of my evening was getting walked in on in the bathroom.  The lock was broken, but there were some ladies outside who knew I was in there and were allegedly standing guard.  Unfortunately, another patron had placed her coat in the bathroom supply closet and just barged past them to retrieve it.  It went like this:

door opens
Me:  "GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!"
Woman with no Boundaries:  "It's okay, I just want to get my coat."
Me (in mid wipe):  "NOOOOOO!  It's not okay!"
Woman (who at least had the decency to enter backwards and not look at me):  "Really, it's okay."
Me (defeated and pulling up my pants):  "noooo..."

At least the ladies who were supposed to be guarding the door were shocked and apologetic when I came out.

Did I mention I think the couple who came out of the restroom before me had sex in there???

Thank God Homecoming is only once a year.

P.S. - TBD Charity has $35.


Karen, Kathy, Kim and Chris

Kim and Mary

Chris and Danny

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that blonde chick is hot! heheheheee

Anonymous said...

You need help.

Anonymous said...

I think I know what city you live in. A while back you mentioned a play or musical or something at BHS. This post you mentioned a basketball state championship. Did it happen to have a miracle last second shot finish? If so, I went to that high school many many moons ago. Small world, huh? Oh ya...that blonde chick is hot.

Anonymous said...

Why yes, Kurt, it did! It is indeed a small world.

...and the blonde chick?? Please, do NOT add fuel to THAT fire. LOLOL

Anonymous said...

Hola Chica! I'm back from Dallas and just wanted you to know that I missed the hell out of you. Your blog is so awesome I actually followed you on my BlackBerry while I was away. That's love girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

The bathroom copulators give a whole new meaning to Homecoming.