Monday, December 29, 2008

Indiana Pacers

So, we didn't go to the Colts game on Sunday, but went that night to a Pacer game.  I know...crazy, right?  Here's the deal.  The last time I went to a Pacer game was their first season at Conseco Fieldhouse which was ten years ago.  The whole atmosphere was thug-like, and I hated every minute of it.  If I'm not mistaken, they were actually in the NBA championship finals, and I didn't even know until it was over.  That's how much I didn't care about them.  Over the past year, the Pacers marketing gurus have been working diligently to get fans interested in the team again, and it's worked.  I mentioned to John a few weeks ago that maybe we should give them another shot.  Lo and behold, his company was offering a promotion to buy discounted Pacer tickets.  We bought two center court seats (row 17) that normally sell for $145 for - get this: $25 dollars each.  That's insane!   Needless to say, those were nice seats.  The atmosphere was much changed: family friendly music, $10 dollar t-shirts (John and I each got one), and the ushers seemed to be keeping a pretty close eye on everyone.   The visiting team was the New Orleans Hornets.  Wait...when did they leave Charlotte??  I really am out of the loop.   I only knew one player on the team going in:  Danny Granger.  Once we got there, I actually recognized Marquis Daniels and Jeff Foster.    It was a good game, unfortunately, the Pacers lost in the last few seconds.  I was disappointed, but not inconsolable like after a Colts loss.  I'll tell you what, Conseco Fieldhouse feels like a high school gymnasium after spending the past few months watching football in the mammoth Lucas Oil Field.


TIP OFF








MASCOT ANTICS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky was right on. I had not the slightest desire to attend a pacers game. The atmospher has really changed. We had a good time. And guess what, The parking only cost 2 bucks!!!!!