Saturday, December 20, 2008

Colts 31, Jaguars 24

That was a good game - unless you're a Jacksonville fan.  I'm sure they were licking their collective chops at the half.  Peyton was actually putting up some good numbers the first half, they just weren't getting anywhere.  It's amazing how much difference it makes when the defense decides to play.  Oh, and John says he doesn't think Vinatieri will be back next year. With that victory, the Colts became the first team in NFL history to win three games on the road in one season after trailing by at least 14 points.  Probably a record we'd rather not have to even deal with, but there it is.  By the way, I hate Jack Del Rio.  I don't know why, really; I just do. It was nice to see Reggie Wayne get a lot of airtime with the Fox announcers after the game, except that stoopid "Neon" Deion Sanders told him the Colts will be "one and done in the playoffs." Here's the Christmas card* I'm sending Deion:

*Courtesy of List of the Day

By the way, I was more than a little sad this a.m.  The Hoosier Dome (it will always be the Hoosier Dome to me, not the RCA Dome) was put to rest today.  Back in September they deflated the dome, and today the rest of it was demolished.  I have a lot of fond memories of that place.




Farewell, old friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope no one was in there. Like some Katrina victims or something.