Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Odds & Ends

My good friend, Karen, actually sent an e-mail asking why I hadn't posted anything new on the blog in awhile.  Awww....that warms the cockles of my heart.  I did not realize it had been more than TWO WEEKS since the last post.  That must mean I have a pretty boring life.  So, here are a few things to tide you over until the excitement of Prom on Saturday when I can live vicariously through my daughter.  ahem...

Speaking of Karen, she and her man-friend/lover boy/fiance Dave got married!  They went to the courthouse, said "I do", then went to work.  Romantic, huh?  Rumor has it, they went to MCL for their wedding dinner that evening.  Those crazy kids.  Seriously, I wish them the best.



I attended a going away party at Agio's for a co-worker who is moving to New York City.  Shawn's wife got a job as the project coordinator for a pain study at the VA in Manhattan.  Kate is a big city girl and could no longer ignore the siren call of The Big Apple. Fortunately, Shawn will still be working for the Institute, making return visits to Indy every six weeks or so.


Agio's is a cool Italian restaurant on Mass Ave.  The creme brulee and chocolate mousse were divine, but I have to confess, my martini was more like berry-flavored turpentine.  However, I paid $10 for that sucker, so you better believe I downed every drop.


Kate made these terrific tie-dyed cupcakes as favors for the guests.  They were as tasty as they were cute.
  


On Sunday John and I drove 2+ hours one way to Brookville Reservoir to check it out for boating this summer.   It's a pretty nice lake, but there is not one main entrance, rather several ramps all around the lake.  


Good thing we figured that out now, and not when we're dragging that !@#-ing boat around behind us.  There is a really nice marina with condo rentals and Ainsley's Cafe where we ate lunch.  I was surprised at how good it was.  We stopped by the Visitors' Center to get info on the lake, and there were all these awesome antlers lying around.  John was an unwilling model, but he quickly realized it was easier to just do what I wanted.  


This stuffed badger was also on display.  I looked exactly like this after spending the day confined in a truck cab with you-know-who.


Monday I broke down and did some seriously overdue cleaning while I was watching Dancing With The Stars.  I found a penis swizzle stick in the TV cabinet in our bedroom.  Huh.

 Admit it, you thought I was making that up.

So, that's it for now.  Saturday promises to be a big day:  Not only is Lily going to Prom, but Robin comes home for the summer.  YAY!!  Robin told me not to make any plans for Saturday evening and to make sure John is gone for the evening.  I know you're as intrigued as I am.  Stay tuned...

11 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

That penis swizzle stick was worth the two-week wait.

Or was it the tie-dyed cupcakes? I can't tell which I like better... my eyes are still bleeding.

I'm jealous Becky. I thought I was next on the list to party with you. Pimm's, remember? Pensacola? Ring a bell?

Eternal Lizdom said...

A penis swizzle stick found randomly while doing housework. Hm. Maybe I should put some energy into housework!!

Creme brulee... mmmmmmm...

Sarah K said...

yay! you posted!! i was wondering if we had to call the blog po-po, or...whatever. i need that recipe for those cupcakes!!

enjoy your super sized saturday! ;)

Hank said...

CC, honey....yer friends, Shawn and Kate, look real cool - kinda hippy-like. Tie-dyed cupcakes! I didn't think you had any cool friends. Good fer you!

Glad to hear that creem broolee worked out for ya!

Facsimilee said...

It's about time Becky. And, I so appreciate you staying up until 10:47 so I didn't have to cry anymore with no blog posts! Honestly, how do you expect me to get through a work day if there aren't any funny blog posts from you? Get with it girl! And, thanks for putting me and Dave at the top of the list. I'm sooo honored. You have a honey of a man if he'll pose wearing antlers for the blog. What a man!

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Alix, If I'm not mistaken...you told me we weren't going to be anywhere near you, so I took that as a REJECTION.

Liz, It was absolute divine.

Sarah K, Just divide your white batter into equal amounts and color with however many different colors you want. Randomly drop spoonfuls into liners and bake. Don't be stingy with the frosting.

Hank, I hope my equally cool friend Karen is not insulted by your callous remark.

Karen, He is not a honey. He is a hiney, and a giant one at that.

Boozy Tooth said...

Becky - I just mentioned that Pensacola Beach was on the OPPOSITE side of the Florida panhandle from me. I never implied you weren't welcome to drive the five hours to get to me.

{smiling sweetly}

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Good grief.

farmer said...

Oh nO! my virgin eyes! haha thought id check out what was going on over here.

Unknown said...

Becky,
I have been wondering what was up. You were here everytime I put up a post. I have missed you too but you never fail us do you. You are very funny. What size boat do you have? we used to be boaters until the gas prices got out of hand.

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Farmer, I love it when you stop by. Makes me feel I'm in touch with the younger generation!

Eccentric Lady, I know that our boat is blue and that's about it.