Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Lily!



Lily Rebecca turns 17 today.  I can hardly believe it. Oh, it's not her advanced age that stuns me.  It's the fact that I actually let her live this long.   LOL  She has always been quite the character.  I used to tell her when I was pregnant with Robin I drank fine wine and listened to classical music and when pregnant with her I drank beer and watched The Beverly Hillbillies.   Whether getting in trouble (ask her about the Silly Putty Incident sometime) or out of the blue telling me how much she loves me, she never fails to keep me entertained.   She has brought so much laughter and fun to our lives.  I'm glad she's here. 

6 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

Lily - you look like you're dreaming of purple prom dresses in that photo. And might I say what a truly pretty baby you were.

Happy Birthday girlfriend. May your next 17 years be as good as your first - silly putty and all.

Love, your new BFF ~ Alix

PS: My mom was hardcore when she was pregnant with my brother and me. She drank vodka straight and smoked like a chimney. Explains a lot, doesn't it?

Hank said...

Me and mom are glad she's here, too I tell ya what.

What a precious gift.

Eternal Lizdom said...

Happy Birthday to Lily- and to Mom!!

Alison said...

I'm thinking it would be nice to start a tradition of gifting one's mother on one's birthday.

After all, we didn't get birthed all alone, now did we?

Congrats on raising one through the worst of adolescence!

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Flartus,
I like how you think!

Cary McNeal said...

Was she born wearing an iPod? I see an earbud cord.

That would be a neat trick, and it would give the babies something to do for nine months in the dark.