Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

If you read my last post, you know that Robin had something up her sleeve for Mother's Day.  She told me to plan on being home and to get John out of the house for the evening.   While that alone would have been enough of a present, there was actually MUCH, MUCH more.  She and her BFF, Ashley Mango, organized and prepared a Mother's Day dinner for me and Ashley's mom, Sarah.


The bomb diggety meal included:  tossed salad, fruit salad, crescent rolls, pasta, grilled chicken and Cowboy Brownies.  Oh, and my new favorite... 
Gewürztraminer wine.  Sarah brought a bottle over, but it just so happens I had one chilling as well.  Never hurts to be prepared.








While the girls really did do a fantastic job on the meal, I most enjoyed getting to spend time with three women I love having in my life.

Thanks, girls!  Makes us moms very proud to have raised such thoughtful, beautiful people!

5 comments:

Facsimilee said...

How wonderful for you! That was such a nice thing for Robin and Ashley to do for you two. I remember the Mother's Day breakfast Megan and my niece, Heather, made for me when Meg was about 10. It was chocolate pudding and toast. The pudding was the "cooked" variety, but they made it like it was instant. I ate it....and have never forgotten it. It's a memory I'll never forget, and I'm sure you won't forget this one either. Happy Mother's Day, Becks!

Boozy Tooth said...

Happy Mom's Day, Princess Becky. Love the pics... I feel like I'm right there with you in the room! Pretty paint, btw.

Your girls-only Mother's Day dinner sounds bomb-diggety indeed. What great girls to do the heavy lifting so the moms could chillax.

As for the Gewürztraminer wine... those Germans know what they're doing. Although a tad sweet for my palate, it's a perfect light and crisp wine for the summer season. And really? When have I EVER said anything bad about ANY wine. Even communion wine rates high in my book.

Love the card too. I know it's supposed to be sarcastic... but is it? LOL

You look happy! So glad you had a great day and were treated right.

Cary McNeal said...

"While that alone would've been enough of a present..." HA HA!!!

Robin FTW! What a sweetie.

Hank said...

CC, honey....I'm glad ya had a nice mother's day and all, but tell me more about these cowboy brownies! That sounds like somethin' I could get in to, I tell ya what.

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Karen, I love the pudding and toast story!

Alix, I tend to favor the sweet wines...and yes, the card is partially true. John does do laundry, but not very well. I think that's his attempt to get out of it.

Cary, She IS a sweetie. I love her bunches.

Hank, Sorry...chocolate isn't good for dogs.