Friday, April 17, 2009

Big Doins' at the 'Tute

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is being held this weekend in Indianapolis. As part of the festivities, there was a contest called Paint the Town Pink in which companies and businesses were encouraged to decorate their offices/establisments with breast cancer awareness themes. A few of the Institute employees put together a really clever display: Treasure Your Chest, Unlock the Cure, Unlocking the Key to Awareness. In fact, it was so great that we won 1st place! Jeff Saturday, Indianapolis Colts center, and his wife are honorary race chairs this year, so he paid us a visit today to present our award. Very exciting.

Real men DO wear pink. 

Hey, look - it's me and #63!

Jill has no shame.  
She actually shook the man down for a donation to our Race for the Cure team.

Jeff took a look behind Sylvia's desk to see all her Colts paraphernalia, and was a little disappointed to discover that Bob Sanders is her favorite player.

Of course, no Institute gathering is complete without cake.

Jeff was pretty chill, hanging out and talking with everyone.

Our talented group of ladies receiving their award.

Oh, look.  Here I am again.



Some of our award-winning decorations.

A few final autographs before heading out.

Our award!

I can't wait to see what they come up with next year!

9 comments:

Sarah K said...

WOO HOO!! Congrats!! It looks like he's giving you a shoulder rub!! lol

Unknown said...

Love the slogan Treasure Your Chest! You guys need to make stickers. I prefer that to Save The TaTa's.
In the one photo of you near the bottom you look like you could be Bette Midlers sister. Hope you like Bette :)

Hank said...

Well, he's no Troy Aikman but seems like an okay guy.

Boozy Tooth said...

Way to go Becks! Congrats on your win. And it's great to see a new post from you finally. I love the purty pictures of you the best!

LOL Hank.

Eternal Lizdom said...

Very exciting- Saturday is my fave player!

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Sarah K - I wish!

Eccentric Lady - I guess that's okay, as long as you understand I would be Bette's MUCH younger sister. LOL

Hank - No, duh...but then, who is??

Alix - awww, you always say the sweetest things!

Liz - He's right up there for me!

Alison said...

Congratulations! I know you must have been thrilled to get chummy with a Colts player. And yeah, I also thought it looked like he was giving you a little rub-rub there. You definitely need to play up that one!

Boozy Tooth said...

Hey Becks...

I tagged you on my blog today. Check it out:

http://casahice.blogspot.com/2009/04/eight-things.html

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Cary, You mis-read the post title. It says, "Big Doins' at the 'Tute", not "Bigguns' at the 'Tute"!!!