Thursday, April 9, 2009

#1 Songs

I was listening to my favorite morning radio team during the drive into work today. They were discussing American Idol and how Tuesday's song selection was based on the year of the contestant's birth. That means Danny, the oldest contestant, performed a song from 1980 while the youngest contestant - Allison - sang a song from 1992. Are you kidding me? Boy, do I feel even older than usual. Anyhoo, Wank and O'Brien found this site where you can find out what was #1 on the Billboard Chart the day you were born, conceived, married - whatever date is important to you. I was hoping #1 on July 17, 1963 would be something really prophetic such as: Be My Baby, Candy Girl or Pride and Joy. Heck, even Devil in Disguise or Foolish Little Girl would have been funny. Instead I got Surf City, by Jan and Dean. meh....


Do me a favor: Go to the site and find out what was #1 on the day you were born or any day that was important in your life, and let me know if it means anything special to you.

12 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

Oh for crying out loud... talk about being gypped!! The Billboard #1 song on the day that I was born was "It's Only Make Believe" by Conway Twitty. Nice.

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Does that mean you're a figment of my imagination??

Hank said...

July 23, 1999: "Wild Wild West", Will Smith featuring Dru Hill & Kool Moe Dee

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Hank, me thinks you need some cowboy boots and a 10 gallon hat.

Sarah K said...

JIVE TALKIN by the Bee Gees!! (is that why i blog?) that's what you were doing about my "new kids" concert!!

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Lucky! (in Napolean Dynamite's voice) I wish I had a cool song like that! :-)

Mmm, yeh. Sorry 'bout that. ;-P

Kurt said...

"Family Affair" by Sly & the Family Stone

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Gee, Kurt...Not only was I surprised to find out you weren't Dirty Bob, now I discover you're a young whipper snapper!

Kurt said...

LOL...That doesn't make me young. Definitely not a whipper snapper.I grew up listening to Jan and Dean and The Beach Boys.

Cary McNeal said...

Jan and who?

Damn you're old.

I would've guessed Stephen Foster.

TheManOfNotts said...

YAY!!!!! Fantastic post....I got "No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)" by Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer.!!!

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Oh, a disco baby - I love it!