Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Want a Do-Over!

I just got back from Ball State University, where my firstborn is a freshman.  We attended a parent information meeting for students who will be studying abroad next year.  Robin is enrolled for the Fall semester of her sophomore year at The London Centre in - yes - London, England.  How lucky is this kid to be beautiful, intelligent, genuinely sweet and goodhearted, and headed off for the adventure of a lifetime?? I'm not gonna lie, I'm green with envy.

So, I want a do-over.  I'll willingly go back to the 80s with my big hair and even bigger glasses in order to take advantage of being young and unencumbered, back before the loss of estrogen left my memory looking like a slice of Swiss cheese.  I volunteer to relive The Cold War, Howard the Duck,  Puttin' on the Ritz, shoulder pads and Mr. Hardwick's Geometry class if that's what it takes.  I just can't believe I so stupidly wasted my youth.   

The DeLorean's warmed up and ready to go....

The only caveat is I still want to be Robin and Lily's mom when I get back.

8 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

My ex-husband went to Ball State, therefore the bad memories of him came swooshing back, clouding my eyes, giving me stabbing pains in my chest and started to make me spontaneously combust. Luckily, Larry ran over with the fire extinguisher and defibrillator, so I'm okay. Still can't see tho.

Are you back from the future yet?

Sarah K said...

omg..those fish are the coolest widget, ever!! (the cats couldn't care less but i could feed them for at least 5 mins!)

you can't relive your "glory days" (the boss reference!!) but you'll have a cool place to visit!!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. My youngest daughter is very involved in her high school and is going to Paris and Rome the end of this week with her latin class. I encourage my girls to do what they can now while they are young!
I unlike you are not willing to relive those days. I'm very happy where I am as a WISE old Woman :)

Hank said...

Well, heck...I don't think that's too much to ask.

Cary McNeal said...

You do not want to relive Howard The Duck, trust me. Leonard, Part 6, maybe, but Howard? No.

Robidoo said...

hahaha. oh mom. youre so funny. i promise to take lots of pictures for you :P

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Robin, I'm glad you find my mid-life crisis humorous. I doubt you'll be laughing when I start dating one of your classmates and we run into each other at a campus kegger...JK.

Sarah K said...

OH, SNAP!! (or if you are Vodka Mom's Bitchy..."jesus, mom")