Sunday, November 9, 2008

Colts 24, Steelers 20

View this gallery at IndyStar: Colts 24, Steelers 20




WOOOOT!!!!

The Colts have not won a game against the Steelers in Pittsburgh since 1968 - until today. It was a close game and very exciting up until (literally) the very last second of play.

Next Sunday, Houston at home, which just so happens to be our 23rd wedding anniversary. You know...the Colts are indirectly responsible for John and I meeting in the first place. Let's get in the Way Back Machine (otherwise known as a 1983 Le Car) and travel to July 16, 1984. Yes, the day before my 21st birthday. We were both playing on the IU Hospital Softball League. I was playing for the Radiation Oncology Team, and John was playing for the Radiology Team. The umpire didn't show up for the game, so a guy from each team was taking turns umpiring when their team was at bat. I was the catcher, and John was umping. As he and a teammate were waiting to start, they were talking about the Colts coming to Indy, blah, blah, blah. Me, thinking the other dude was cute, butted in on the conversation. My flirting was misinterpreted (John has a tendency to think everything is about him), which is just as well since the other guy was married. John, suitably impressed with my stellar athleticism and red short-shorts asked me out after the game. Our first date was the Old Timer's Baseball game at the newly built Hoosier Dome; and the rest is, as they say, history.

Twenty-four years later....this is the result of that fateful day.

Photo by The Camera Room

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you met or I wouldn't have Robble or Lilbil. I don't know about you, but your relationship has worked out really well for me.

Anonymous said...

Yes, well....let's just see how you feel when Robble, Lilbil and I come to live with you!!! LOLOL

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see other Colts fans found my blog. Stop by Dirty Bob's Posse anytime.

Anonymous said...

this was pretty much my favorite!! i love that pic of us. except i look fat >:-/

Anonymous said...

Lola, You may be fat, but you're pretty smart. When did you learn to use the computer?!? ;-P

Anonymous said...

hahaha. mom youre crazy!! :p

Anonymous said...

What a nice looking family.

Whose pond? Were you trespassing?