Saturday, November 22, 2008

Anniversary Weekend

Judging from the avalanche of fan mail I've received, you're all just dying to hear about our anniversary weekend.

We had a room reserved at the Hilton on Saturday night. When we got to our room, it was teeny-tiny with a desk taking up half of the room. That bothered me, although John was okay with it (I think he was already formulating some naughty secretary game). What he didn't like was the sliver of a window. He apparently is claustrophobic. So we called the front desk and they said they didn't have anything else available, followed immediately by the question, "Have you done anything in there yet?" Hey, we're good, but not THAT good. After we assured her the room was unscathed, she told us to come down and she would get us something else. Our second room was on the 19th floor. I was pretty excited when we walked in and one entire wall was a window. Unfortunately, it was a rather unspectacular view that awaited us:




On closer view, you can see the behemoth Lucas Oil Stadium on the left, and the tattered, forgotten remains of the Hoosier Dome on the right.

Being a woman of simple means, I do enjoy some hotel swag.


You may think this is me trying to be alluring...no, I'm just checking out the room service menu; planning ahead for breakfast.


We headed downstairs to the restaurant bar for some cocktails. In case anyone wants to go to McCormick & Schmick's for Happy Hour, they have a killer food menu. They are practically giving the food away. Our bartender, Aaron, was a nice guy and bought our first round of drinks in honor of our anniversary.

John, sampling my girly Dreamcicle martini.


Aaron, who is NOT stingy with the alcohol.

He called me a "crazy lady" before we left.

In my defense, I hadn't eaten all day.

At this point, we went back to the room to freshen up for dinner, and by "freshen up" I mean John watched a ballgame and I did a faceplant into the bed. I've since learned this is called "pre-wasted." After a nice nap, John dragged me out of bed and forced me to get ready. At this point I would have been just as happy to get McDonald's and stay in the room, but get ready I did. As we're waiting for the elevator, John is standing there looking very intently at me. I'm assuming he's thinking, "She's just as beautiful as the day we got married. I am a lucky, lucky man." What he said was, "Your eyes are really bloodshot."

Their shrimp cocktail was the largest, meatiest shrimp (there's a contradiction in terms) I have ever seen. Delicious.

I can't believe I ordered sirloin at a place known for seafood, but this was really, really delicious. I'll just have to go back and try the seafood.

We said we weren't getting dessert.....
I've never really understood what the big deal was about Red Velvet Cake, but ordered this because it was the only thing I thought John would like. It was pretty fantastic.


42 seconds later...

So, that's it. As you all know from reading this, we went to the Colts game on Sunday. We had to drive Robin back up to Ball State so didn't get home until late Sunday evening. All in all, a fun weekend; and anytime we can spend that much time together without wanting to club each other on the head, I consider that a success.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang!

you have a way with words. I enjoy reading this! :]

Anonymous said...

Oh, Farmer...I love you. But not in a creepy cougar kind of way. More like a Lily's best friend kind of way!
;-)

Anonymous said...

There is nothing in this world better than hotel room service breakfast.

When do we get to hear about the sex?

Anonymous said...

Additionally, there is nothing more in this world more expensive than hotel room service breakfast.

A lady never humps and tells. ;-P

Anonymous said...

Humps? HA HA HA. I love that word.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were gonna say "I love that activity." Fooled me.

Anonymous said...

Well... that too.