Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Post and Yearbook Yourself

Welcome to my first post. I have no idea what direction this blog will take, or if anyone will read it. I've just enjoyed reading some other folks' blogs so much, I wanted to get in on the action.

Here goes....I stumbled across Yearbook Yourself the other day, a website with quintessential yearbook pictures from 1950 to 2000. You can upload a picture and see what you (or an unsuspecting victim you just happen to have a picture of) would have looked like back in the day. I enjoyed wasting a good amount of time doing this, but it got me to thinking: 1968 was a big year for me and my husband. He started college, and I started kindergarten. Obviously, we didn't know each other then, but here's what we looked like:


(Don't be fooled by his altar boy looks!)


(My haircut is the result of falling asleep
with gum in my mouth and and an angry
mom with a pair of dull scissors.)


I got to wondering... if I had been a co-ed at
Michigan State in the Fall of '68, would I have
caught his eye?


According to my MIL, he prefers blondes...


Either way, it was fun to see the different looks. Maybe a future post will show John in my heyday, the awesome 80s, although that would require a post of my senior picture...I'll have to think about that one!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make a much hotter brunette. Groovy, baby!

Anonymous said...

Spanks!!! I'm just waiting for a good story to post about you and Hank.

Anonymous said...

uh...trying to picture Jay in polyester, with an afro-----Gold necklace dangling against his manly hairy chest-shirt unbottoned to the navel-"God, please remove the visuals from my head!!!!!!!!!!" White plastic shoes. That's how you got disco balls, from dancing in polyester pants.

Anonymous said...

I am an alter boy! Or at least I was til I met Becky. She kept me my sorid ways. She a great Lady and I hope all who enter here enjoy her humor as much as I have.

Teacher of the Year said...
This comment has been removed by the author.